Saturday, April 30, 2005

That's What I Thought....

Yeah, two months is pretty much exactly how long I figured I'd put this off. For those of you unfamiliar with this whole "audioblog" phenomenon, here's the short version: some people think that their general taste in the arts is impeccable. We call these people "assholes". These "assholes" take it upon themselves to enlighten the unwashed masses by throwing up .mp3s of stuff they dig, armed with the knowledge that if they like it, surely anyone else with any taste whatsover will as well.

So hi, my name is Josh, and I'm an asshole. Thanks for playing along. Soon enough I'll start throwing up (very, very sporadic) reviews of both new and old releases, but for the most part I'm just planning on throwing random stuff up here and prattling on and on about it. Files can and will come and go at random, so if you think you want it, grab it: daddy ain't buying up no more storage space.

We'll start with a couple of my favorite subjects: ironic covers and obscure Athens, GA bands. The cover: French electro-whatever douche Mirwais and former Shudder to Think frontman Craig Wedren out-sleazying Jagger himself with their version of "Miss You".

Mirwais featuring Craig Wedren - "Miss You"

The Athens band: Carrie Nations, who probably don't want their music categorized as "pop-punk", but I promise I mean it in a good, Stiff Little Fingers kinda way.

Carrie Nations - "Girlfriend"

No comments:

Post a Comment